Flood Warning issued September 20 at 9:19PM EDT until further notice by NWS Jacksonville
Alachua; Columbia; Gilchrist
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in Florida..
Santa Fe River At Fort White affecting Alachua...Columbia and
Santa Fe River At Three Rivers Estates affecting Columbia...
Gilchrist and Suwannee Counties
The Flood Warning continues for
The Santa Fe River At Fort White.
* until further notice...Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:45 PM Wednesday the stage was 28.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 23.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 26.7 feet
by Friday morning.
* Impact...At 25.0 feet...Damage to homes at low elevation as well as
basement areas underneath homes on stilts is likely.
* Impact...At 23.2 feet...Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission begins
enforcement of a no wake zone on the Santa Fe River from the
centerline of the US 27 Bridge downstream to one-half mile upstream
from the State Road 47 Bridge.
* Impact...At 23.0 feet...Minor damage to dwellings is possible due to
FLD OBSERVED 7AM EST / 8AM EDT FORECAST
LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon
Fort White 23 28.1 Wed 09 PM 27.7 26.7 25.9 25.3 24.9
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest
forecasts...And be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect
life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you
see flood waters...Remember to turn around and do not drown.
For graphical hydrologic information...Please go to weather.gov and
click on your state. Select Rivers and Lakes under current weather.
The Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service page provides current and
forecast river information...Gage locations...Impacts... and
historical crest information for all forecast points by clicking on