Flood Warning issued December 17 at 3:58AM EST until December 18 at 1:00PM EST by NWS Baltimore/Washington
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Point of Rocks affecting Frederick and Loudoun
...Flood Warning extended until Tuesday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Potomac River at Point of Rocks.
* Until Tuesday afternoon.
* At 3 AM Monday the stage was 21.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
3 AM Monday was 21.8 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 22.5 feet by this
morning. The river will fall below flood stage tomorrow morning.
* Impact...At 23.0 feet...Floodwaters completely cover the comfort
station at the Brunswick boat ramp, and reach the comfort station
at the Point of Rocks boat ramp. The upper parking lot at the Point
of Rocks boat ramp begins to flood.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 22.6 feet
on May 17 2014.
River Flood Observed 2PM 8PM 2AM 8AM Crest
Location Stage Stg Day Time Mon Mon Tue Tue Stg Day Time
Point of Rock 16.0 21.8 Mon 3 AM 21.7 20.1 18.0 16.0 22.5 Mon 7 AM
Never attempt to drive through a flooded roadway...this is how most
flood deaths result.
Stay tuned to developments by listening to NOAA Weather radio...
television or radio stations...or visit our website at weather.gov.
You can also find us on Facebook by searching U.S. National Weather
Service Baltimore Washington.