High Wind Warning issued April 28 at 1:22PM PDT until April 29 at 2:00PM PDT by NWS SanDiego
Orange County Coastal; Orange County Inland; San Bernardino County Mountains; San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire; Santa Ana Mountains and Foothills
...Strong northeast winds tonight through Saturday...
.Surface high pressure building over the Great Basin will produce
Santa Ana winds tonight through midday Saturday. Northeast winds
will gradually increase this evening and peak early Saturday
morning, with strongest winds below Cajon Pass and over and just
west of the Santa Ana Mountains where northeast winds 25 to 35
MPH with local gusts 55 to 65 MPH will occur. Moderately strong
winds will occur in parts of the mountains and far inland valleys
of San Diego County as well.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
2 PM PDT SATURDAY...
* WINDS...North to northeast winds increasing to 25 to 35 MPH
tonight, with gusts from 50 to 60 MPH. Isolated gusts on
ridgetops and immediately below canyons up to 65 mph.
* TIMING...The strongest winds will occur after midnight tonight
through late morning Saturday.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds along Interstate 15 from Cajon Pass
to the Inland Empire and parts of inland Orange County,
especially near the Santa Ana Mountains.
* Impacts...Sudden, strong cross-winds, especially for high-
profile vehicles. Possible tree and utility line damage.
Downed palm fronds.
* OUTLOOK...Winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
* REPORTS...Please send reports of strong winds and wind damage
to the National Weather Service via our Facebook and Twitter
feeds and online.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.