Flood Warning issued October 22 at 12:12PM CDT until further notice by NWS Eastern ND and Grand Forks
...The flood warning has been extended for these river locations in
* Valley City...on the Sheyenne River...in Barnes County
* Lisbon...on the Sheyenne River...in Ransom County
* Mapleton...on the Maple River...in Cass County
...The flood warning continues for these river locations in
* Dilworth...on the Buffalo River ...in Clay County
* Hallock...on the Two Rivers River ...in Kittson County
* Kindred...on the Sheyenne River ...in Cass and Richland Counties
* West Fargo Diversion...on the Sheyenne River ...in Cass County
* Harwood...on the Sheyenne River ...in Cass County
. Minor to moderate flooding will continue along portions of the
Sheyenne, Maple, Buffalo, and Two Rivers Rivers through much of the
next week as water from recent heavy rainfall and snowmelt continues
to progress toward the mainstem Red River. This latest
update to the river forecasts still shows rises on many of
these tributaries but decreases the forecast crests for most points
on the tributaries due to less rainfall being received than
expected over the past few days. Releases from Baldhill Dam will
still be high enough to keep river levels high downstream, with the
West Fargo Diversion still expected to reach major flooding early
This forecast is for a 7-day period...the highest stage
indicated may not reflect the crest for this event.
Forecasts are updated daily and stage values will change
as new weather and river information is used.
River forecasts use 24 hours of forecast precipitation
between April 1st and October 1st, and 48 hours otherwise.
However, depending on the situation, they may include
precipitation expected through the next 72 hours.
The Flood Warning continues for...
* ...West Fargo Diversion...on the Sheyenne River.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 11:15 AM Tuesday the stage was 19.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and during the next 7 days...Major
flooding is forecast.
* Major Flood Stage is 21.0 feet.
* Forecast...the river will rise to near 21.5 feet by early next
* Impact Statement(s) - At 21.0 feet, MAJOR FLOOD. Approximate stage
where flooding begins in areas along the Sheyenne River north of
the diversion channel to Harwood, ND.
Daily 7am CDT/6am CST forecast stage in feet:
Date Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue
(month/day) 10/23 10/24 10/25 10/26 10/27 10/28 10/29
West Fargo Diver 19.5 19.9 20.4 20.9 21.3 21.4 21.5
Safety message...turn around, don`t drown...
- Don`t travel through flooded areas!
- Persons in the warned area need to take steps to protect life
and property. If necessary, move to a higher and safer location.
- Persons living in the Red River Basin should monitor river
levels while the river is in, or near, flood.
For more information...go to the AHPS/River section
on our web page at: www.weather.gov/grandforks