Flood Warning issued December 16 at 2:35PM EST until December 19 at 3:00AM EST by NWS Baltimore/Washington
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Montgomery and Loudoun
...Flood Warning extended until late Tuesday night...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* From mid-afternoon today until late Tuesday night.
* At 2 PM Sunday the stage was 14.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by mid-afternoon today and crest
near 22.3 feet by early tomorrow afternoon. The river will fall
below flood stage by late Tuesday evening.
* Impact...At 24.0 feet...Water reaches the first floor ceiling at
Whites Ferry store. Significant portions of the C&O Canal towpath
are flooded. Backwater flooding is affecting homes on the Loudoun
County side of the river near Broad Run in Sterling.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 21.6 feet
on Sep 29 2018.
River Flood Observed 2PM 8PM 2AM 8AM Crest
Location Stage Stg Day Time Sun Sun Mon Mon Stg Day Time
Edwards Ferry 15.0 14.2 Sun 2 PM 16.6 19.7 21.8 22.3 Mon 1 PM
Never attempt to drive through a flooded roadway...this is how most
flood deaths result.
Stay tuned to developments by listening to NOAA Weather radio...
television or radio stations...or visit our website at weather.gov.
You can also find us on Facebook by searching U.S. National Weather
Service Baltimore Washington.